Kindling: Shared group workplace... We have been using the google tools, but this might really be a nice alternative.
Skype: I really like skype as a chatting tool. I haven't tried the VoIP capabilities, as I am cheap and I don't have anyone to call. If I did, I think it would be fun. I have been contacted by a few random people and just declined. I think there is probably a privacy setting that I haven't figured out yet. I do like that you can change your icon and have a profile including your myspace.
Audacity: I like free! This seems to be a program that allows you to manipulate audio in an open source environment. I think this looks like fun, not to mention practical if you need to make changes to an audio file and cant afford the expensive alternatives. Open source would prove to be a huge security problem in my workplace, but love to know this is out there.
ClassSpot: This seems to be a tool to facilitate sharing media within the classroom. It is an exciting idea that classmates can manipulate and share media. My only concern, outside the cost and possible learning curve, is that it might be really distracting if the students can manipulate while an instructor is demonstrating. If they had a way to lock and unlock the shared media... maybe they do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment